You can think of Marketplace Categories as RewardOps system categories. Any item that that is loaded into the RewardOps system gets mapped to one. Each program is unique and therefore have their own set of custom categories. Mapping Marketplace categories to a program’s custom category ensures that new items loaded into the system are categorized appropriately.
For example: All Tablet computers loaded into the RewardOps system might be mapped to the "Tablets and Portable Computers" marketplace category. Your program may have its own custom category simply named "Computers and Tablets". All "Tablets and Portable Computers" items should be mapped to "Computers and Tablets" to ensure that your program category is aligned with the RewardOps category and all items will be properly categorized as they are added to the system.
To map your Marketplace categories, follow these steps:
1. Click “Categories” on the left hand navigation bar.
2. Click “Mapped Market Categories” on the header navigation bar.
3. Click on the category to which you’d like to map the Marketplace categories.
4. Click “Select Marketplace Categories”.
5. Using the checkboxes, select which Marketplace categories should be associated with your own specific category selected in step 3.
6. Click “Save” at the bottom of the checklist.